The preferred method is to configure your computer for dot1x connectivity [i.e. wired Ethernet connection]. Do not check the box for validate server certificate. This provides the most secure connection and is based on netID credentials.Step-by-step guide
Enable Wired AutoConfig on your Computer
- Click the Start button and type services.msc into the search box.
- In the services window locate the service named Wired AutoConfig.
- Right click on this service and click on properties.
- Select the Startup Type Automatic and press OK.
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Configure the Local LAN connection for 802.1X authentication
- Right click on your network adapter and select Properties.
- Click on the Authentication tab and select the option for IEEE 802.1X authentication.
- Choose the network authentication method Microsoft:Protected EAP (PEAP) from the drop down:
- Click Settings (next to the network authentication method drop-down).
- If you are using a server certificate, select Validate server certificate. Otherwise, deselect this option.
- Click Configure and select Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) click "OK" twice to return to the Local Area Connection Properties
- Click Additional Settings and select Specify authentication mode and specify User authentication. Click "OK" twice.